It is now beyond any argument that engaging in a sports activity is no longer a matter of option; it is now an established and essential parameter while evaluating the health of any person and surrounding community. There are an equally large number of examples, which have demonstrated beyond any arguments that communities, which have regular engagement in sports, are more engaging, strong and cohesive. I am personally always excited when I see existing, or developing, connections between sports and communities. Below I have listed some of the connections, which come to my mind when it comes to usefulness of a stronger connection within sports and communities:
- Disengages the youth from violent and anti-social behavior which results in safer communities and lower crime rates.
- Impacts the physical health and well-being of the entire community.
- Enhances the employability and the consequential economic prosperity of youth.
- Transforms families, uplifting their standard of living, improving lifestyles.
- Leads to greater acceptance of racial and ethnic diversities in the community
- Communities, which are buzzing with sports activities attract higher real estate and rental values